The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name
- images of you
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number
- your age and/or date of birth
- your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor)
- information you provide to us through customer surveys
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party
- Medical History
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
What is Confidential information: It is a well-settled principle of law that where one party (‘the confidant’) acquires confidential information from or during his service with, or by virtue of his relationship with another (‘the confider’), in circumstances importing a duty of confidence, the confidant is not ordinarily at liberty to divulge that information to a third party without the consent or against the wishes of the confider. (Office of the Information Commissioner Queensland, 2012)
What Is personal information: As defined by the Privacy Act personal information is information that identifies an individual; or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
What is Sensitive information: Sensitive information is a form of personal information. Cosmetic Injectables Australia collects sensitive information in the form of patients/clients medical and health history. This information is collected as a necessary means to ensure our patients/clients are safe to undergo our medical based treatments. Patient/clients have the right to refuse to disclose any information. It is important to note that withholding important information places you as the patient/client at risk of adverse events. Cosmetic Injectables Australia holds the right to refuse treatment should it be deemed unsafe.
Collecting Confidential/Private/Sensitive information
At Cosmetic Injectables Australia we perform medical based procedures. Gathering and collecting private/confidential/sensitive information allows us to determine medical suitability for treatment, ensuring your safety. Withholding important information may place you at risk of adverse events.
We collect and gather confidential/private/sensitive information necessary to adhere to legislative requirements governed by the Medicines Poisons and Therapeutic Drugs Regulations NT for prescriptions.
We gather and collect confidential/private/sensitive information to help us ensure we carryout correct patient/client identification.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
• To enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms
• To contact and communicate with you
• For internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes
• For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms
• To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you
• For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
• To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
• Medical prescriptions. Medical suitability for treatments.
It is important to note that due to patient confidentially we do not under any circumstances discuss any sensitive information with family members or others that are not involved in the direct care of the patient/client within the clinic environment of Cosmetic Injectables Australia.
Information may be shared within the clinic environment with those qualified and directly involved with your care to ensure continuity of care.
Medical and significant family history is required for assessment prior to the issuing of medical prescriptions, ensuring you are medically suited to undergo treatment. Some information may not be relevant to disclose; you will be made aware of this during your complimentary consult. Withholding important and relevant information may place you at risk of an adverse events. Cosmetic Injectables Australia reserves the right to refuse treatment should not all the necessary/legal requirements be met.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
• Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators
• Our employees, contractors and/or related entities
• Our existing or potential agents or business partners
• Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run
• Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred
• Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
• Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
• Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
• Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Employees/Third Party involvement of confidential information
Where Cosmetic Injectables Australia has access to any personal information belonging to a customer/client of the Company, the Company will ensure the maintenance of confidence of any confidential information that the Company has access to, or become aware of, and will prevent its unauthorised disclosure or use by any person.
Cosmetic Injectables Australia will not use the confidential information for any purpose other than for the relevant and related Company processes.
Every employee of Cosmetic Injectables Australia is responsible for the appropriate handling of such private and confidential information to prevent unlawful disclosure. An employee of Cosmetic Injectables Australia will not use confidential and or sensitive information for any purpose other than for the relevant and related employer processes during their employment. All employees are not to disclose or use any personal or sensitive information of individual’s post-employment at Cosmetic Injectables Australia. Any action of breach of policy may/will result in disciplinary action.
Storage and security
Any photos shown as before and afters on public platforms have been approved by the patient/client involved. All photos are stored in a secure database for the purpose of medical records/documentation.
No photos are displayed or shown at any time without the informed consent of the patient/client. We promote photos of an unidentifiable nature. Photos that show identifiable features will at all times have the informed consent of the patient/clients.
Cookies and web beacons
Links to other websites
Accessing your treatment records
You have the right to apply for access to information held in your treatment records. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for access to your treatment records we do require written confirmation that you wish for this information to be released and a method in which you wish to receive it. Our release of information form will also need to be completed. Please allow thirty working days for all treatment records to be issued. A fee may be applied.
Problems Queries or Complaints
Cosmetic Injectables Australia takes all problems, queries and complaints seriously. Should you as the patient/client be concerned then please contact us directly via email, phone and or website.
Should you not be happy with how Cosmetic Injectables Australia has handled your complaint/concern then please refer to below:
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at: Cosmetic Injectables Australia ABN 95 607 950 121 Email: email@example.com
Last update: 24 March 2019
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) compilation No. 76 (Austl.) retrieved from https://www.legislative.gov.au/Details/C2017C00283