Close to Public Transport
Boutique Glenelg Clinic
Easy Onsite Parking
“You are in good hands with Nurse Faye, who has 12 years in anaesthesia and recovery nursing, and your comfort and support are her top priorities throughout your personalised treatment journey…” Read more
Welcome to Adelaide’s premier destination for anti wrinkle treatments. At our clinic in Glenelg, we understand that life’s demands can take a toll on your skin, leaving you longing to help fight the signs of aging. Below, we’ll delve into what to expect from your anti-wrinkle treatment, potential risks and side effects, and essential post-treatment care.
1. Consultation: Your journey into preventative aging begins with a comprehensive anti wrinkle treatment consultation at our Adelaide clinic. Our experienced registered nurses and nurse practitioners will assess your facial structure, skin condition, and discuss your goals and aging concerns. This personalised approach ensures that your treatment plan is tailored to your specific needs.
2. Treatment Process: During the procedure, a safe and effective purified protein medication is strategically injected into targeted facial muscles. This temporarily relaxes the muscles responsible for wrinkles and fine lines, resulting in smoother, looking skin and reduces the risk of deep lines forming as a result of repeated muscle action.
3. Quick and Painless: Anti-wrinkle treatments are minimally invasive and relatively quick, usually taking just 15-30 minutes. Most patients report minimal discomfort, ice can be used to help ease pain that can be experienced.
As with any medical procedure and medicine, anti-wrinkle injections carry potential risks and side effects which are generally mild and temporary:
Temporary Bruising: Some patients may experience mild bruising at the injection site, which typically subsides within a few days.
Redness and Swelling: Minimal redness or swelling may occur but usually resolves after a few minutes.
Rare Complications: Serious complications are exceedingly rare. Eye lid muscle relaxation resulting in ‘eyelid ptosis’ and brow droop can occur. This is explained further during your consultation.
1. Immediate Recovery: You can resume your daily activities immediately after treatment, but it’s advised to avoid strenuous exercise for the first 24 hours.
2. Avoid Touching: Refrain from touching or massaging the treated area for at least 24 hours to prevent the spread of the medication to an area that was not intended on being treated. Remember the medication will relax any muscle it comes in contact with, however it will not migrate far from its site of injection.
3. Results: Noticeable results usually appear within 3-5 days, with full effects visible in about 2 weeks.
4. Maintenance: Anti-wrinkle treatments are not permanent and typically last 3-6 months. Regular maintenance sessions will help sustain preventative line formation.
At Cosmetic Injectables Australia we charge per area for anti-wrinkle injections. Due to legislative requirements, we are unable to state the names of products we use, please contact clinic for more information. Our pricing per area can be seen below:
|LIP FLIP / LIP LINES||$96|
|JAW CLENCHING / JAW SLIMMING||FROM $600|
|EXCESSIVE SWEATING / HYPERHYDROSIS||$1200|
|HAYTOX FOR HAY-FEVER||$199|
Review apt top ups:
At times treatments, will be performed in two stages. This is to ensure you receive optimal treatment outcomes. Any units that are required at your review apt will be charged, price is discussed during your consult.
Top up treatments performed by Cosmetic Injectables Australia where by the initial treatment was performed by another injector.
Anti wrinkle injections typically work for around 3 months. The duration can vary from person to person – some may get longer-lasting results, while the effects may wear off sooner in others. These injections function by interrupting a neurotransmitter involved in muscular contractions. Since injectables are not an exact science, outcomes may fluctuate between sessions. Illness and certain medications may also influence the results from anti wrinkle injections so it’s crucial to disclose your full medical history when getting injected and to only undergo treatment when feeling your best. At our Adelaide clinic, our highly experienced cosmetic nurses monitor your progress after each session to ensure consistent outcomes over time.
Our anti wrinkle injections start from $96 for the treatment of gummy smiles, bunny lines, chin & lip lines.
With a lack of research into the safety of anti wrinkle injections for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers, we don’t perform this procedure for expecting or breastfeeding mums.
We recommend our clients avoid strenuous exercise for the first 24 hours after treatment. This allows the anti wrinkle product to settle into the muscles and prevents it from migrating to other areas. Light activities like walking are fine.
The majority of clients who undergo anti wrinkle treatments at our Adelaide clinic report little to no pain during the procedure. If you’re concerned about pain, our nurses will discuss preventive pain relief options at your free consultation.